About the application
The Virtual Clinic is a safe environment for medical students and doctors who wish to improve their professional qualifications:
- It fills the gap in access of students to patients, especially specific clinical cases.
- It puts emphasis on practical training: increases the quality, attractiveness and efficiency of the teaching process. It offers interactive approach to teaching medicine, case-based learning and evidence-based problem solving.
- The application was enlisted in the Innovation Register by the Polish Ministry of Health.
The system is aimed at the following users:
- Medical universities, lecturers and students,
- Young doctors preparing for the exams,
- family doctors who want to expand their knowledge and skills in the diagnosis and therapy of diseases.
Collecting a medical history is an art.
A virtual patient comes to the Clinic with a history of symptoms and previous treatment. Users take in the patient and engage in simulated medical examination. From start to finish, users make their own decisions, which allows them to think creatively and reflect the realism of the simulation. In the process users are not limited to a predefined scenario. They may ask any question and will always get a sensible answer. The lack of a pre-defined scenario is one of major distinguishing features of our AI-based system.
A key to a proper patient assessment.
VC offers reliable and comprehensive physical examination experience:
- percussion / tapping
- neurological examination
Photographs, video and audio files are a valuable supplement of physical examinations.
Find out if you get required examinations within budget and time constraints.
Virtual Clinic offers a wide range of laboratory tests, diagnostic imaging examinations and specialist consultations.
Thanks to intelligent algorithms, results of laboratory tests are always unique and realistic.
Multimedia which include diagnostic imaging examinations are a valuable supplement to physical examinations.
Modern didactics focuses on optimization which includes time and cost of diagnostics.
The diagnostic process in the Virtual Clinic is monitored in many aspects. The system evaluates waiting time, costs and the sequence of ordering additional examinations.
- with internal or surgical problems,
- with heart or lung diseases or infectious diseases,
- with cancers at any stage,
- women in pregnancy,
- and other cases
The Virtual Clinic is an ideal tool for creating and managing groups and sharing teaching material:
- Assigning tasks to teaching groups according to the thematic scope and degree of difficulty,
- Assessment of students’ skills: communication with patients, accuracy and effectiveness of diagnostics and treatment,
- Monitoring the progress of groups and students.
In the Virtual Clinic you will quickly prepare and conduct an exam that allows checking both theoretical knowledge and practical skills:
- Assign unique patients to students according to the subject and level of difficulty of the exam,
evaluate the accuracy of interview and physical examinations, additional tests and treatment,
verify students’ skills in the following areas: medical documentation, diagnosis and optimal treatment.
Virtual Clinic in numbers:
Medical University of Silesia in Katowice
“The element that distinguishes the Virtual Patient platform from similar solutions is an innovative approach to communication and the ability to" learn "the system based on the analysis of user activity. The innovative elements of the application constitute a new quality for both students and lecturers. "
Warsaw Medical University
"A unique functionality is the simulation of a subjective examination conducted with the use of natural language: the examination imitates the conversation between the diagnostician and the patient, teaches the correct conduct of a medical interview and building questions understandable to the patient."
Become our partner
Let’s create and implement innovations together!